Shoulder taping for pain
Position during application
1. Measure the GEM tape about 5 cm below the deltoid muscle up to the shoulder, cut off the so called. Y tack, round the corners.
2. Our arm is loose along our body. Glue the anchor of the tape, move the arm forward and glue the back of the Y-tape.
3. Move the arm backwards and glue the 4 front parts of the Y-tape.
4. If the shoulder is unstable, measure the tape from the front of the chest, over the shoulder to the shoulder blade. Round the corners.
5. The arm is close to the body, the forearm is perpendicular to the torso.
6. Lead the tape in front of the upper arm in the pull to the back of the shoulder blade. Glue the end without tension and iron.